To recreate Quick Launch Icon
(Estimated Time: 5-10 minutes approx, Level= Novice User)
1) Open Notepad
2) Copy and paste the below text
Save file as "Show Desktop.scf" by selecting all files from the "Save as type" in "C:\Windows\System folder"
Exit from notepad and using Windows Explorer or through My Computer browse to the file you have just created in "C:\Windows\System" folder and right click on "Show Desktop.scf" and click on "Create Shortcut" .
Copy the shortcut file to
C:\WINDOWS\System32\Config\Systemprofile\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
and rename the shortcut to Desktop.
1) Click on Start ------> Run
2) Enter "regsvr32 /n /i:U shell32" without the quotes and hit the enter key
3) Restart the computer
How to recreate Internet explorer shortcut
1) Right click the desktop and select New --> shortcut
2) Copy and paste "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" and click Next --> Finish
3) To create a quick launch shortcut for internet explorer drag the shortcut just created into the quick launch area. Alternaltely you can drag an item from the quick launch area onto the desktop to create a shortcut on the desktop.